Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Sorry, your not allowed in because you have a blanket

Wow Portlandia, Panera discriminates people with blanket's. For all you mothers out there with babies who like to carry their blankets around, you are not allowed in Panera, solemnly because your baby might go to sleep in the coffee /sandwich shop.
I arrived in Portland about 3 hours ago. After peeing, eating ($8:45 sandwich), then decafinating, I leave the airport, with a state map and Tran (transportation schedule. But not before running into an older slim black man with sunglasses on, indoors on a low lit cloudy day. He tells me the beautiful women are in Eugene, and I need to go down there now. We talk about mushrooms. I tell him I want to walk the mountainous terrain and search for mushrooms, Amanita muscaris. Before I left Texas, Shannon actually showed me some she had growing in her ally. If you don't know, these mushrooms are "Magical!"
He tells me people here have festivals where people eat mushrooms, get naked, and dance. Awesome! I guarantee none of those people work at 4143 NE Halsey Panera, where I was greeted before entering the second set of double doors after politely holding the door open for others to exit, they all smiled at me. And so did the female employee who approached me and said, "sorry, I can't let you in" " why not???" " because we don't allow people with blankets in here." I just got off the plane from Dallas Texas, I have a travel pack with a yoga mat and rolled up yoga blanket, Native American Indian style. Oh and by the way, they have no remorse if it's raining either. Anyway, fuck Panera, Jazzkat's is more welcoming. And they enjoy serving people, and I enjoy buying coffee from them.
By the way, ironically funny, the Panera I am writing about is a non-profit Panera. The profits they make are donated to the homeless in Portland. Ya, makes a lot of sense doesn't it.

No comments:

Post a Comment