Wednesday, May 23, 2012

TA Travelers Center

"I was going to shoot that bastard, Ronny was going going to kill him. What he did I don't want to get into, the way he treated your mother... Even dad had a gun loaded ready to shot him...Your dad, he loved those young girls"
I remember my grandfather telling me he handcuffed her to the windshield/door frame of the car and beat her in the yard while he was with some girl he had on the side. My mother was pregnant with me at the time. "Some fucked up shit," he tells me. "I know what he looks like, I never forget a face."

Randy saying "I never forget a face" triggers a thought, I have a photographic memory too.

I haven't seen RANDY, Ronny's twin brother in over 7 years, when Ronny died at Methodist Hospital. Kidney failure, diabetes, dead liver, hepatitis C. Poor man contracted Hepatitis C from his first wife when he shot up heroine for the first time with her, they divorced with in a year. He found out 10 years later while awaiting on blood samples to clear him to be medical helicopter paramedic for CARE FLIGHT in Dallas.; after being happily married for 9 years with my aunt Jerry. He was a fire fighter, a paramedic, and a husband. When he got the news he was forced to quit his jobs and went back to using. He died 4 years later. Randy and I witness his death. He was 6'5'' 90lbs, I could see nothing but bones and tubes. This was different from my grandfather's death a year prior to his.
So, Randy's first sentence to me in the years of not seeing each other, "You look just like your father!"
"Really, I've never seen him."
 Jerry told me long ago, "you know... you are the spitting image of your father, that's why your mother hates you."

To be cont...

No comments:

Post a Comment